Now is a great time to sell Puerto Vallarta property
By John Swanson
If you have waited on the sidelines for the market to come back before selling your home, it has! Now is a great time to sell Puerto Vallarta property! The numbers show it all over the bay. There are more buyers here looking for more real estate than any year since 2008 (also known as “The Great Depression II”).
Agency or FSBO to sell Puerto Vallarta property
So, what’s the best strategy to sell Puerto Vallarta property and how do you get started? Fear not! We have prepared this series of articles to help you prepare and be fully informed to list your Puerto Vallarta investment for sale and the steps that go into getting a successful sale. Our job is to help take you from “We should take advantage of the strong market” to your property being “Sold!”
Interviewing a real estate professional to navigate the listing, marketing and sale process
So, you are getting ready to list? Here are some questions to ask, as you are interviewing a real estate agent to represent your deal. There are many advantages to listing with an agent. Some of the few are security in the sale, and closing process, exposition of your property to thousands of potential buyers and often higher sale-prices than one could garner on their own.
- Is this the best person to market and sell your home or more of a friend/ acquaintance? Selling your property is business and usually one of the most significant investments in your lifetime. Choose the very best talent you can to market your home or a choice to list with a friend may become expensive!
- Is this potential agent an excellent communicator? Do they have an organized presentation? Do they have lots of experience with top attorneys and Notaries? What is their track record? Are they with a senior sales agency in the bay? You need someone who “gets you” and is clear and competent with answers to questions that may come up. Usually, people with this talent will “get” the potential buyer as well, making them feel informed and comfortable making the purchase of your property.
- Choose an informed agent abreast with the most up to date legal procedures for your sale – Ask if there are tax advantages or ways to keep your transaction risk-free?
- Is the agent/ agency too big or small? If they represent various large developments, they may not have time to serve you well. Too little is no good either- where is their webpage on a Google search for Puerto Vallarta Real Estate? It’s an internet world, most buyers come from internet inquiries. You want a strong presence. Like “Goldilocks,” there is a “just right” when it comes to agency presence and style.
- Do they belong to our Real Estate Association “AMPI”? AMPI agents will get you on the most used Multi-list website with the best-trained agents on the bay.
- What is their fee? Beware of “bargain” agents here– you may get what you pay for, which in some cases is less than stellar service. You might think of listing your home as similar to plastic surgery. Your property sale is not the time to look for the cheapest guy. More important here than to “nickel and dime” commission is to ask yourself “Am I getting what I pay for?”. If an agent is spending the time and money to be tops in sales, they are likely to get you more for your property, covering more than their fee.
Marketing strategy to sell your property in Puerto Vallarta
Selling your property for a fair price, and within a reasonable timeline can relate directly to how well your agent markets the listing. Marketing online and in print are both important to getting your property before the eyes of both agents and eligible buyers.
There are two MLS in Puerto Vallarta: Flex MLS and MLS Vallarta. Your agent should use both of these MLS. As some agents use either one or the other, having your property on both ensures that your property gets the max exposure needed to sell! There are dozens of other online sites; your agent should be able to show you an extensive portfolio. Publicity is an essential tool for selling your property.
Some critical questions to ask your prospective agent with regards to marketing your property:
- Do you have a personal webpage?
- How well does it perform in google search with the keywords “Puerto Vallarta Real Estate.” If the agent looks at you like you are speaking Greek, you can assume that the answer is: “Not well.”
- How many websites will publish my property? The more sites on which your property appears, the more likely it that buyers will see it!
Puerto Vallarta airport saw more than 1.8 million passengers during the first half of 2017. If even 50% of those passengers pick up a newspaper or local entertainment guide that would represent 900,000 readers that could view a print ad featuring YOUR property. It only takes 1 to make a sale! Print marketing is not a thing of the past. We believe it’s important that your listing agent has a diverse marketing profile, including print marketing to sell your home in Puerto Vallarta.
In conclusion, determining that you are ready to sell your property in Puerto Vallarta can be a full decision. Hiring professional help in the process can make the experience enjoyable. Reach out if you have any questions, or if you would like to schedule a listing presentation for your property. We are here to add value to your experience, selling your property in Puerto Vallarta!
The Swanson-Larson Team offers unrivaled expertise, resources and tailored service to help you achieve your buying and selling goals. Contact me to answer any questions you may have about living and owning in Puerto Vallarta.